This is the photo I chose for the top of my blog. It perfectly illustrates my love of outdoor photography and why the sky captures my eye constantly.
I don't go anywhere without at least one camera. Most of the time, I take pictures blind while driving. I'll point the camera in the general direction of whatever appeals to me and trigger the shutter. Half the time, I have to try again, then delete the mistakes later...when I'm not forced to concentrate on not hitting other vehicles on the road.
This one was taken from my roof on June 22, 2008. Cumulonimbus clouds remind me of many things, like towering giants, the whitest popcorn, giant alien motherships. Most of all, they remind me of approaching thunderstorms and the little black radio my dad would listen to and shoo us to the basement when the weatherman interrupted the broadcast to deliver tornado warnings. In 37 years of living in the midwest, I have yet to witness a single tornado.
No comments:
Post a Comment