Monday, July 28, 2008

Rooftop View of a Cumulonimbus

The view from my roof isn't the best, but it's as good as it gets in a neighborhood full of mature trees. Many of the photos in this blog were taken from my roof, starting in June of 2008. That's when I got my new DSLR camera and went nuts.

This spring was the wettest on record in the St. Louis area, and the summer hasn't been too dry either. It seems like, at times, I've never seen a more intense blue sky with amazingly contrasting white clouds. I'm not a meteorologist, but have lately been fascinated by the clouds. I won't pretend to be an expert in the classification of clouds either, but I do have a really good book about weather that should help determine and label the different types I photograph.

This is the first entry of my blog, but it will appear last. With that in mind, I hope you've enjoyed the photos and sentiments I've decided to share with you. Thanks for visiting and keep your eye on the sky.

No comments: