Monday, August 18, 2008

Storm in Black and White

On August 7th, 2008, my son, Kyle, and I were driving east toward home after dinner. I turned around and found a safe place to park. Kyle kept asking what I was doing. I got out of the car with my camera and started taking pictures. Kyle poked his head out to see what I was taking pictures of and all he could say was "Whoa."
I had meant to see if I could enhance the brilliant contrasts of the different types of white clouds against the deep blue sky, but couldn't improve on what the camera saw. Then I decided to see what it looked like in B&W with a red filter and got this. While the original is striking, I think I like this even more. The preceding photo was also of this storm, but the sun was shining behind the clouds to the right of this photo.

No comments: